Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to school beauty essentials ♛

Helloo! I thought a back to school post would be a perfect way to kick things off with my blog! I know not everybody is excited for back to school, at least I know I'm not, but the beauty part of it is fun. So that's what I'm going to cover for you today : my beauty kit essential. How to be prepared for any little makeup drama. (ALL DRUGSTORE) Enjoooy!





  • Concealer + Powder : to touch up any pimples poping out during the day (that sounds so gross), or to fix oily areas, my favorite powder of all time is the well-known Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel, and my favorite concealer is the Collection Lasting Perfection one (you can only find it in UK drugstores but I heard Fit Me by Maybelline is a good one too)
  • Tinted Lip Balm : this has to be my biggest essential, so easy to put on without a mirror so I would even suggest keeping it in your pencils case to reapply it in class (without the teachers noticing obviously, that's what I do all the time), the one I use is the Maybelline Baby Lips or the Revlon Lip Butters.
  • Cream blush : to have a nice glowy flush and you don't need any brushes to apply this, I use LadyBlush by MAC, but for a least expensive version you have the Revlon ones to.
  • Hair Ties + Bobby Pins : always a must-have during exams to get your hair out of your face or to fix your hair.
  • Hand-Sanitizer + Hand Cream : to keep the germs away, Bath and Body Works do plenty of those, and for my hands I use the Soap and Glory Hand Food but any hand cream will do.
  • Eyeliner + Mascara : because ain't nobody got time to do a smokey eye for school so eyeliner and mascara are really handy in that case, my absolute favorite is The Falsies by Maybelline or Volumizer by Bourejois, and for eyeliner, Oreal do some very good liquid eyeliner and Rimmel do some very good pencil eyeliner.
And for after sport class/P.E you will need some :


  • Blotting Paper : to get the sweat out of your face (that's never really sexy right?) I use the Muji ones but I don't know if they're available everywhere so I heard the Clean & Clear ones do a good job too.
  • Mini-Sized Perfume + Deodorant : to smell good even in the worst situations :) I use Daisy by Marc Jacobs and Rexona deodorant.
  • Dry Shampoo + Hair Brush : I personally do not use that since I have curly hair brushing it dry makes me look like a lion, no joke. But usually I use the Tangle Teezer hair brush, and the Batiste Dry Shampoo.
So yeah that sums things up, you obviously do not need to have all of those things, I do not carry all of this either but here are just some ideas. 

I know back to school is not exciting but I mean when you think about it, school coming up means seeing all your friends again, making some new memory and being more productive so it's not all baad (that's what I have to tell to myself). So just have fun, there's not ONLY school in life. 
I hope that was helpful for some of you, byeeeeeee 

2 comments:

  1. Great back to school pieces!! Maybelline baby lips and Revlon butters are my essentials too! :D

    http://shannonkims.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete